Area 43 is a well-established youth organisation, providing services to children and young people across West Wales. As part of this provision, we provide counselling services in both schools and private settings to young people. Area 43 is looking to recruit a counsellor, working peripatetically across the provision providing both face to face and online services, as required. Candidates will be enthusiastic and passionate and hold a Counselling qualification at diploma or equivalent recognised by the British Association of Counsellors and Physiotherapists (BACP).
We are particularly keen to hear from counsellors based in Pembrokeshire and those willing to travel.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job title: Youth Support Worker
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: £17,000 pa
Location: Based in West Wales – Cardigan, Ceredigion, SA43 1DW
Area 43 (Cardigan Youth Project) is an inspirational charity, which runs a Drop-in Centre in Cardigan, providing information, support and training to young people aged 14-25 and counselling services to those aged 5-30. Founded as a community needs-led project in 1996 we have been at the centre of the Third Sector in West Wales for more than 20 years. Area 43 provides a safe, fun, informative and inspiring environment for young people to access support; empowering young people to express themselves by engaging with the issues that affect them directly.
Now in 2021, Area 43 will be launching its new youth café provision, providing safe spaces in a fun informal manner to young people in the area, and we are seeking applicants for a Youth Support Worker, to be based within the youth café, to provide information and support to young people and delivery activities. The role will include a shift-based pattern covering between 11-7 Monday to Saturday.
· Providing information and support to young people accessing drop-in
· Creating and running activities in conjunction with young people
· Empowering young people to put forward their ideas for service delivery
· Engaging young people, both face to face and virtually
· Promoting and managing a safe, inclusive environment for drop-in provision
As well as a demonstrable and genuine interest in the work of Area 43, the successful candidate will have experience of/demonstrate:
• Previous experience in a supporting role with wide-ranging responsibility
• Previous experience working with young people
• Able to be caring, sensitive and patient while supporting people to be as independent as possible.
• Enthusiasm to make a difference to people’s lives
• Ability to listen, understand and respond to people, always putting the person that is being supported first.
• Ability to get on well with people and work in harmony with others, by both challenging and helping people to develop and learn from their experiences.
• Ability to be flexible and open to new challenges, ideas, and experiences
• Ability to demonstrate Area 43’s values and behaviours
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, or for an informal conversation, please contact
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement, addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th July
This post is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund.